Achievements of STAD
- Supported 15 Sudanese orphans in technical skills in Moyo and Arua Technical Institutions in Northern Uganda.
- Trained 40 primary school teachers to help in raising awareness on prevention of HIV/AIDS among students in Yei, Southern Sudan.
- Support building of a Youth and Women Community Development and Training Centre (YWCDTC) for Sudanese and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) refugees who are still living in
- Northern Uganda as well as for no- refugees (nationals) in Northern Uganda. The first part of the building is finished but not equipped.
- Support building of a Primary Health Care Centre (Payawa PHCC) in Southern Sudan. The first part – mother and child care unit of the building is finished but not yet equipped.
In The Netherlands:
- Training for its board members and cooperating with NGO’s.
- Presentation of first lustrum of SOST.
- Presentation about the situation of immigrants/children in The Netherlands at the University of Leiden Medical Center, ROC at Den Helder, churches and various institutions.
- Workshops and seminars on various themes such as HIV/AIDS, UN Child Rights and ‘Young Sudanese stand up for your rights’.
- Provide information to the public at events.