Objectives of STAD
STAD Main Objective
The main objective of STAD is to support the economic activities, empowerment and capacity building activities/ projects of the less privileged groups: women, orphans, refugees, youth and elderly, in the Great Lakes Region and the Horn of Africa respectively
- Training and capacity building of women, men and youth on human rights with a particular focus on women and children’s rights, Gender Based Violence (GBV) and domestic violence
- Capacity building of women and youth on peace, security and conflict resolutions for peaceful co-existence.
- Supporting training and empowerment of women and youth in market-oriented life skills programs and promote economic activities of youth and women to improve their living conditions
- Support adult literacy class programs for women
- Support awareness raising programs on gender, health (sanitation, hygiene) but especially on HIV/AIDS & other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) prevention.
- Counselling for traumatized orphans, women and people due to war-related atrocities, HIV/ADIs etc.
- Education on family values with a special focus on girl child education, early and arranged marriages etc.
- Organize workshops, seminars, and activities for public awareness in the Netherlands about the status of children and women in Africa particularly in Horn of Africa and Great Lakes Region.
- Network with NGOs, Institutions that support children & women’s rights, promote youth welfare and or share the same aspirations as STAD